In New York state, legislators are worried a law from 1971 could be a roadblock for autonomous vehicles in the near future. As the New York Daily News reports, the state is the only one in the country that requires drivers to keep at least one hand on the steering wheel while driving. Obviously, this could be a problem for self-driving cars, since they don’t have hands.
- Study finds that people are not really interested in self-driving cars (treehugger.com)
- Consumers are more wary than excited about self-driving cars (computerworld.co.nz)
- New Survey Claims Public Not One Hundred Percent Looking Forward To Fully Autonomous Vehicles (autoworldnews.com)
- 10 million self-driving cars will be on the road by 2020 (businessinsider.com)
- Uber reveals Ford Fusion self driving cars are being tested in Pittsburgh (dailymail.co.uk)