Justice Eugene Fahey, of the upstate Appellate Division, Fourth Department, is Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s choice to fill a seat on the Court of Appeals opened by the Dec. 31 retirement of Robert Smith. READ MORE »
Fahey was chosen from a list of seven candidates sent to Cuomo by the Commission on Judicial Nomination (NYLJ, Dec. 2).
Others on the list were five partners at Manhattan law firms: Kathy Chin of Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft; Hector Gonzalez of Dechert; Mary Kay Vyskocil of Simpson Thacher & Bartlett; Rowan Wilson of Cravath, Swaine & Moore; and Stephen Younger of Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler.
Fahey’s colleague on the Fourth Department bench, Justice Erin Peradotto, was also on the list.
- Fahey nominated to NYS Court of Appeals (bizjournals.com)
- Cuomo taps Buffalo judge for state’s high court (polhudson.lohudblogs.com)
- Appellate judge from Buffalo picked for top New York court (newsday.com)
- Cuomo nomination tips N.Y. top court to Democratic majority (reuters.com)
- Cuomo Selects Another Democrat for New York’s Highest Court (rss.nytimes.com)