– Dec. 15th 2017 11:18 am PT
- Apple is reportedly working on new clinical-grade heart monitoring technology for the Apple Watch (AAPL)(businessinsider.com)
- Apple Watch Owners Can Participate in Apple Heart Study to Identify Irregular Heart Rhythms(macrumors.com)
- Apple Watch notification helps save man’s life: ‘It would have been fatal’ (telegraph.co.uk)
Last year, Apple Watch transitioned its Edition line from 18K yellow and rose gold to white ceramic. That took it from tens of thousands of dollars down to $1,299 for 38mm and $1,349 for 42mm. Still more than an iPhone X but much, much less than most ceramic watches.
Even though mechanical and computational watches have completely different value propositions, it does keep Apple Watch Edition at the very top end of Apple’s offerings. In essence, it’s for people who want an Apple Watch but also want it in ceramic.
And this year, with Apple Watch Series 3, it’s also for people who want it in space grayceramic.
- Apple just unveiled its latest smartwatch, the Apple Watch Series 3 – here’s everything you need to know (AAPL) (businessinsider.com)
- iMore show 573: Dude, it’s chocolate cake (imore.com)
- What’s New in the Apple Watch Series 3 and Should You Upgrade? (makeuseof.com)
- All the videos from Apple’s iPhone event (techcrunch.com)
- Which Apple Watch color should you get: Silver, gold, gray, black, or white ceramic? (imore.com)
- This is the Apple Watch’s most important update yet (mashable.com)
- Apple Watch connectivity will cost you extra (and other fine print from Apple’s big event) (fastcompany.com)