[JURIST] On Friday, a group of police unions filed a motion to block Mayor Bill de Blasio’s[official website] proposed settlement and removal of former mayor Michael Bloomberg’s[BBC profile] appeal of the stop and frisk policy. The motion was filed [AP report] in the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit [official website] in response to de Blasio’s recent decision to drop the city’s appeal. Police Commissioner William Bratton supported [AP report] de Blasio’s decision to drop the appeal.
- NYC police unions continue to pursue stop and frisk appeal (jurist.org)
- New York mayor drops appeal to stop-and-frisk reform (jurist.org)
- Police unions act to pursue stop-and-frisk appeal (newsday.com)
- NY police unions seek stop-frisk appeals ruling (wfaa.com)
- NY police unions seek stop-and-frisk appeals ruling (thegrio.com)
- NY police unions seek stop-frisk appeals ruling (stltoday.com)