The US military has refused to release transcripts of Bradley Manning’s trial. In addition, they’ve denied press passes to 270 out of the 350 media organizations that applied. Without public transcripts or a press pass, it’s virtually impossible for media organizations to accurately cover the trial and for the public to know what the government is doing in its name.
In response, Freedom of the Press Foundation has crowd-sourced funding to place a professional stenographer in the media room covering the trial. We will post full transcripts shortly after each day’s proceedings end. The morning session with be posted by 7 pm the same evening. The afternoon session will be posted by 9 am the next morning. The transcripts will be released under an Attribution 3.0 Unported Creative Commons license.
|June 3, 2013||06-03-13 AM session.pdf|
|June 3, 2013||06-03-13-PM-session.pdf|
|June 4, 2013||06-04-13-AM-session.pdf|
|June 4, 2013||06-04-13-PM-session.pdf|
|June 5, 2013||06-05-13-AM-session.pdf|
|June 5, 2013||06-05-13-PM-session.pdf|
|June 10, 2013||06-10-13-AM-session.pdf|
|June 10, 2013||06-10-13-PM-session.pdf|
- Bradley Manning trial transcripts now available online, via crowdfunded stenographers (boingboing.net)
- A small victory for open access: Crowdfunded public stenographers will transcribe Bradley Manning trial (boingboing.net)
- Victory for Press Freedom: Public Gains Manning Trial Transcripts(jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- The Only Public Transcript of the Bradley Manning Trial Will Be Tapped Out on a Crowd-Funded Typewriter (motherboard.vice.com)
- Crowdfunded Stenographer Denied Press Pass To Cover Transcriptless Bradley Manning Trial (infiniteunknown.net)