Treasury Advances Efforts to Secure International Participation, Streamline Compliance, and Prepare for Implementation of the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act
TD 9610 Final Regulations (Regulations Relating to Information Reporting by Foreign Financial Institutions and Withholding on Certain Payments to Foreign Financial Institutions and Other Foreign Entities) are now live on the Federal Register website.
The filing date is Jan. 17 and the publication date is Jan. 28, 2013.
- UPDATE 2-US issues final tax anti-evasion rules, enforcement ahead(uk.reuters.com)
- Fighting tax evasion: Russia and US to share information on bank accounts(rt.com)
- Oldest Swiss bank Wegelin to close after admitting aiding US tax evasion(guardian.co.uk)
- HSBC Client Admits Using Offshore Accounts to Dodge Taxes(bloomberg.com)
- Swiss Bank Closes over Tax Evasion Issues (gilescadman.vg)