The IRS Offer in Compromise (OIC) Pre-Qualifier tool can help you determine a client’s OIC eligibility and calculate a preliminary offer amount.
To access the Pre-Qualifier. Here is the correct link.
Use this tool to see if you may be eligible for an offer in compromise. Enter your financial and tax filing status to calculate a preliminary offer amount. IRS makes its final decision based on your completed OIC application and associated IRS investigation. This tool should only be used as a guide. Although it may show you can full pay your liability, you may still file an offer in compromise and discuss your individual financial situation with the IRS.
If you reside in a U.S. Territory, foreign country, or are military personnel using an APO or FPO address the OIC Pre-Qualifier is not applicable for your situation. Please proceed to the application in the Offer in Compromise Booklet.
- Five Ways To Pay Your Taxes When You Don’t Have The Cash (forbes.com)
- IRS again eases Offer in Compromise tax payment plan requirements(dontmesswithtaxes.typepad.com)
- New Tax Rules to Pay IRS Debt (getirshelp.com)
- TIGTA: IRS Misses Deadlines in 74% of Offers in Compromise(taxprof.typepad.com)
- Shu-Yi Oei: Justifying and Reforming the Offer-In-Compromise Procedure(taxprof.typepad.com)