Quickly pay for rides with Apple Pay on your iPhone and Apple Watch when you turn on Express Transit mode.
What you need to get started
Here’s what you need to start using Express Transit mode with Apple Pay:
- iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, or iPhone 6s Plus or later1
- Apple Watch Series 1 and 2 or later
- The latest version of iOS and watchOS
- An Apple ID signed in to iCloud
- A transit card or payment card in Wallet that’s eligible for Express Transit
- Be in a location that supports transit cards with Apple Pay2
Use with NYC subway…MTA…We’ve launched the pilot of our new fare payment system, OMNY. Right now, you can use your contactless credit, debit, or reloadable prepaid card, or the digital wallet on your mobile phone or wearable, to pay the fare on the 4 5 6 between Grand Central-42 St and Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr, and all MTA-operated Staten Island buses.