PROTECTIONS FOR TRANSGENDER AND GENDER-NONCONFORMING PEOPLE
Our Know Your Rights Guide for transgender and gender non-conforming New Yorkers has been updated and is now available in Spanish! It explains in plain language what discrimination might look like and how to access your rights under the New York State Human Rights Law. You’ll also find other helpful information, including facts about additional laws and regulations that protect transgender and gender-nonconforming people, and a list of legal advocates around New York State that may be able to advise you of your rights and help you navigate the legal process.
Please share this guide with your networks and anyone you think would find it helpful.
- Tinder Update Adds Options For Transgender, Gender-Nonconforming Users (ontopmag.com)
- US parents are starting to accept their children’s transgender identities as early as age 3 (businessinsider.com)
- Transgender bathroom mandate in schools on the chopping block for new House conservatives’ leader (thecollegefix.com)
- Man guilty of harassing transgender comic Eddie Izzard with abuse (pinknews.co.uk)
- Here’s a Huge New Survey of Transgender Americans (nymag.com)