Tax practitioners who missed the recent IRS webinar, “Protect your Clients, Protect Yourself from Data Theft,” can now view it anytime on demand. In the broadcast, IRS and private sector experts discuss client data safeguards, legal requirements and best practices involving the handling of taxpayer data and tips for responding to a loss of taxpayer data.
Visit the Protect Your Clients, Protect Yourself page on IRS.gov for more information on identity theft scams targeting the tax professional community. The page includes links to publications such as Safeguarding Taxpayer Data, security alerts and educational videos.
- Protect Your Clients; Protect Yourself: Webinar Now Available Online–IRS (General Practice Section) (nysbar.com)
- Guide to IRS Form 14039: Identity Theft Affidavit (turbotax.intuit.com)
- Tax Time Scams You Should Avoid (turbotax.intuit.com)
- Tax Payer Identity Theft with Gregory Nunn of Nunn Better Tax Resolution – The Money Hour with your host Tina Mitchell (themoneyhour.com)
- IRS observes millions of cases of identity theft, does nothing (personalliberty.com)
- IRS Did Not Notify Taxpayers That Their Identities Were Stolen (freebeacon.com)