Samsung expected to announce recall of Galaxy Note 7 soon

SEOUL, Sept. 1 (Yonhap) — Samsung Electronics Co. is expected to announce an unprecedented recall of all of its newest Galaxy Note 7 phablets sold at home and abroad in less than a week, a company official said Thursday, after reports that a few of the devices exploded while being charged.

The Samsung official told Yonhap News Agency that the cause of the reported explosions has been traced to the battery of the new phablet.

“The most important thing is the safety of our customers and we don’t want to disappoint our loyal customers,” said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Read more from Yonhap News Agency report…

Related articles

Hackers Stole Account Details for Over 60 Million Dropbox Users | Motherboard

***

“We’ve confirmed that the proactive password reset we completed last week covered all potentially impacted users,” said Patrick Heim, Head of Trust and Security for Dropbox. “We initiated this reset as a precautionary measure, so that the old passwords from prior to mid-2012 can’t be used to improperly access Dropbox accounts. We still encourage users to reset passwords on other services if they suspect they may have reused their Dropbox password.”

A spokesperson told Motherboard that Dropbox has seen no evidence of malicious access of these accounts.

***

Read more on Motherboard…

Related articles

Inside “Making a Murderer” and the Steven Avery Trial – Legal Talk Network

8/17/2016

Inside “Making a Murderer” and the Steven Avery Trial

On this special episode of Lawyer 2 Lawyer, host Bob Ambrogi joins Dean Strang, former defense attorney for Steven Avery, and Peter Linton-Smith, a former television news reporter who covered the Avery trials, as they discuss the popular Netflix series, “Making a Murderer.” Dean and Peter offer inside perspectives and get the latest on Steven Avery and his quest for a new trial and justice under a new attorney.

Related articles

Over 200,000 Register For VW Class-Action Suit Buyback Plan That Calls for 3 Actions – Torque News

More than 200,000 VW owners have opted for the Dieselgate buyback program, surprising some legal authorities with the speed with which it happened, about a month or a little more.

Although it is the more expensive option, Volkswagen may be happy that more than 200,000 consumers affected by the Dieselgate scandal are opting for the cash buyback and not a fix. The reason is that the automaker may avoid further penalties as each vehicle the carmaker buys back is one more off the road. VW must get 85 percent of the emissions-cheating cars off the road to prevent more penalties.

The settlement VW worked out with consumers and regulators to settle the class-action suit calls for:

  • A cash buyback of affected vehicles
  • Or, $5,100
  • Or, a free fix, if one should be approved and become available

Read more…

Related articles