Leaders from the IRS, state tax agencies and the tax preparation community recently urged tax professionals to be proactive in the fight against identity theft and launched an expanded awareness campaign, Protect Your Clients; Protect Yourself, that will provide computer security tips and other information leading into the 2017 tax filing season.
As part of this effort, IRS invites tax professionals to participate in a free 1.5-hour webinar, Protect your Clients; Protect Yourself from Data Theft, on Aug. 17 at 1:00 p.m. Eastern.
You can register for the webinar now.
- Security Summit initiatives for FY 2017, including enhancing tax professional awareness of client data safeguards
- Legal requirements and best practices to better protect taxpayer information
- Emerging scams, as outlined by our Criminal Investigation expert
- Steps tax professionals should take if they suffer a loss of taxpayer data
- Opening remarks from IRS Commissioner John Koskinen and a live Q&A with IRS subject matter experts
Earn one continuing education credit in the category of federal tax.