Workers arrived at Maspeth Federal Savings Bank on Monday only to discover that several dozen safe deposit boxes were missing.
They did not have to look far to find them.
When the police arrived at the bank branch in Rego Park, Queens, they found the boxes piled on the roof, next to a wide hole through which, it appeared, thieves had broken into the vault over the weekend.
FAQ and Resource Page for Maspeth Federal Savings– Rego Park branch–Safe Deposit Box Burglary
- Customers still waiting to see if they were robbed in Queens bank heist (pix11.com)
- Sophisticated Burglary of NYC Bank Is the Latest in Series of Heists by ‘Pros,’ Police Say (wwgp1050.com)
- Customers Seek Answers After Queens Bank Break-In (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Customers anxious after thieves cut hole in roof of Queens bank (abc7ny.com)
- ‘Ocean’s Eleven’-Style Bank Heists Point to Pattern in NYC (abcnews.go.com)
- Group of Albanian Men Responsible for 10 Bank Heists in NYC in Past 5 Years (jpupdates.com)
- Handy Thieves Cut a Hole in the Roof of a Queens Bank, Rob It (nymag.com)
- New York police discover dozens of pilfered deposit boxes piled on bank’s roof after heist (news.nationalpost.com)