No doubt you’ve heard that warning to beware of phishing many times. But phishing remains a problem because it works. To help taxpayers understand the dangers of phishing and malware, the IRS, state revenue departments and the tax industry released the second in a series of special tax tips.
- State Police warn of IRS scam after Perry County woman loses $5K (pennlive.com)
- Introducing the Defensive Framework for Spear Phishing (phishlabs.com)
- Wire Fraud Phisher attempts to phish PhishMe, instead gets phished by PhishMe – PhishMe (phishme.com)
- Phishing Season: TurboTax Tips to Help You Avoid Being Lured into Identity Theft (turbotax.intuit.com)
- Tax Time Scams You Should Avoid (turbotax.intuit.com)