The EPA was directed to set standards for radioactive materials under Reorganization Plan No. 3 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
EJSCREEN is an environmental justice mapping and screening tool that provides EPA with a nationally consistent dataset and approach for combining environmental and demographic indicators. EJSCREEN users choose a geographic area; the tool then provides demographic and environmental information for that area. All of the EJSCREEN indicators are publicly-available data. EJSCREEN simply provides a way to display this information and includes a method for combining environmental and demographic indicators into EJ indexes.
- EPA releases new environmental justice mapping tool (lawprofessors.typepad.com)
- Maps: The Poorest Areas in America Are Often the Most Polluted (motherjones.com)
- EPA Releases Environmental Justice Screening and Mapping Tool (moonbattery.com)
- EPA Launches New Environmental Justice Screening Tool (pjmedia.com)
- How Polluted is Your Neighborhood? A New Map Has Answers. (bigthink.com)