The Tesla home battery system hinted at by CEO Elon Musk several months ago has finally been unveiled by Musk himself at the company’s design studio in Hawthorne, California. Dubbed the Powerwall, the stationary home battery offers 10 kWh of storage capacity for the relatively modest price of US$3,500. A smaller unit is also available at 7 kWh for $3,000, and homeowners can stack multiple units if needed.
Read entire Gizmag.com article first link below:
- Tesla unveils battery storage system for home, business and utility use (gizmag.com)
- Tesla’s new battery will ‘change the way the world uses energy’ (cultofmac.com)
- Tesla Unveils the Powerwall, a Wall-Mounted Battery for Your Home (caranddriver.com)
- Tesla unveils suite of batteries for homes, businesses (news.yahoo.com)
- Tesla wants to power your home with a battery (wyff4.com)