With the iOS 8.3 beta 3 installed, users can now ask Siri to make phone calls using the iPhone’s speaker. If you ask Siri to “Call [name] on speaker,” the call will be made via speakerphone, enhancing Siri’s hands-free capabilities. If you make the same request in iOS 8.2, Siri ignores the “on speaker” part and places the call as normal.
- ‘Hey Siri’ in iOS 8.3 allows for automatic speakerphone calls (9to5mac.com)
- “Hey Siri” will let you make speakerphone calls on iOS 8.3 (phonearena.com)
- Set Your iPhone to Use Speakerphone by Default (trendingnewsz.com)
- Here’s what’s coming in Apple’s next iPhone update (AAPL) (businessinsider.com)
- Siri speaks 7 new languages in iOS 8.3 (cultofmac.com)
- Microsoft may be bringing Cortana to iOS and Android (technutty.co.uk)