Nicole Black: …The good news is that cloud computing use by lawyers has become much more common and as a result more jurisdictions are tackling the issue of the ethics of cloud computing. However, because of the increasing number of opinions being issued, it turns out that there were a few helpful opinions issued over the past year or so that I have not yet covered So, I figured now was as good a time as ever [for]…the decisions issued by ethics committees in Maine, Ohio and Washington.
For a complete list of all U.S. ethics opinions on cloud computing, see Bob Ambrogi’s recent blog post at Lawsites: http://www.lawsitesblog.com/2014/05/cloud-ethics-opinions-full-list.html.
- Cloud Ethics Opinions: A Full List (Maybe) (lawsitesblog.com)
- NYC bar issues odd report on cloud computing (nylawblog.typepad.com)
- Florida Bar Issues Ethics Opinion On Cloud Computing (futurelawyer.typepad.com)
- “The Ethics Of Cloud Computing” by Mindy F. VanLeuvan (nysbar.com)
- NYSBA Ethics Committee Weighs in on the Cloud (nylawblog.typepad.com)