Gyi Tsakalakis discusses Popular Science’s recent decision to drop all comments from its blog. He thinks PopSCi made a mistake; but urges moderation (of comments) for lawyers who blog.
Read Gyi’s excellent analysis here.
- Science, Public Knowledge, and Public Controversy: The Case of Popsci.com (hastac.org)
- Popular Science Presents New Blog Network (observer.com)
- Popular Science kills comments. Bravo! Can’t wait for newspapers to do it!(donteattheshrimp.com)
- Popular Science has an evidence-based reason for shutting down its comment section (boingboing.net)
- Popular Science switches off trolls (news.techeye.net)
- If Popular Science cares about science, why not try to fix comments instead of killing them? (paidcontent.org)
- Onslaught from fools prompts Popular Science website to eliminate its comment threads (blogs.e-rockford.com)
- Why Popular Science Killed Their Comments And The Huffington Post Should Too (twistimage.com)