The files provided by Edward Snowden illustrate the scale of co-operation between Silicon Valley and the intelligence agencies over the last three years. They also shed new light on the workings of the top-secret Prism program, which was disclosed by the Guardian and the Washington Post last month.
Read entire Guardian report, including mention of Skype after its purchase by MS.
- Guardian: Revealed: how Microsoft handed the NSA access to encrypted messages (fourthamendment.com)
- Microsoft Gave NSA Special Access to Hotmail and Skype Users’ Data(news.firedoglake.com)
- How Microsoft handed the NSA access to encrypted messages(thetechblock.com)
- Revealed: how Microsoft handed the NSA access to encrypted messages(aptgetgnulinux.wordpress.com)
- Documents Reveal That Microsoft Let NSA Bypass Its Customers’ Encryption(reason.com)