NYC Housing Court Forms: Tenant Affidavit to Vacate a Default Judgment

This free and easy program will ask you questions and make papers that help you tell a judge why you missed your court date or didn’t answer a petition in a New York Citynonpayment or holdover case. When you finish the program, you can print a paper called an “Affidavit in Support of anOrder to Show Cause,” which you must give to the Clerk in the Housing Court. The papers ask the judge to let you come back to court.

You should only use this program if there is a judgmentagainst you.

It is helpful to have a copy of the petition with you when you use the program.

You must have the following on your computer:

    1. Adobe Flash to see the program. Get it now for free.

Get Adobe Flash Player

      1. Microsoft Word to see and print the completed court forms properly. If you don’t have Word, you can download Word Viewer now for free.

    Get MS Office Word ViewerGo to the Tenant Affidavit to Vacate a Default Judgment program.