Image via CrunchBase
Beautiful and simple, this is Skype built especially for the iPad. Call, video call, or instant message anyone on Skype.
• Join Skype on their website or just sign straight in to your account.
• If you already have a Skype account, your Skype contacts will automatically be there on your iPad.
• They’ve made adding new Skype contacts really easy. Once they’re in your Contact list, call, video or instant message them in one touch.
• Flick through recent calls and instant messages in your Skype for iPad history.
• Skype for iPad works over Wi-Fi or 3G (operator data charges may apply). Call Skype contacts on their iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, PC, Mac and even Skype enabled TVs.
Access free Skype features:
• Talk face-to-face or show what you’re seeing with front and back-facing cameras.
• Use Skype for iPad to call anyone else on Skype – and enjoy near CD quality (SILK) sound.
• Instant message and add emoticons to personalize your messages.
- Skype Now Optimized for your iPad (blogs.skype.com)
- Skype for iPad Released, Starts Rolling Out in iTunes (macstories.net)
- Skype comes to iPad (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- After releasing then yanking “Skype for iPad” Skype releases it again(itunes.apple.com)
- Skype Unveils “Skype for iPad” Worldwide, Supports Audio and Video Calling Over Wi-Fi and 3G (techieapps.com)
- Skype for iPad is Here (For Real This Time) (technologizer.com)
- Skype for iPad goes live, has video and audio calling over both 3G and WiFi(9to5mac.com)